Originating in Sydney Australia in 2013 it now has a more than 1150 franchisees worldwide. Why? Because it is freakishly addictive and the results speak for themselves. The years of the bro split are on the way out. Training in an environment such as this with good operators is game changing for peoples’ health and wellbeing. Don’t believe me? Head down to your local F45 for a 7 day experience.
I believe in it so much I have now opened my own and fulfilled a life long dream of opening my own fitness facility.
Last March I went to my first F45 session at Tottenham Court Road, I walked into this class after having just been told a monthly membership was £220. I said to my mates - fuck off, fitness is my passion but I would never pay that. When the session was finished I walked out and straight up to the front desk to be signed up.
After 1 month of training there I turned to one of my best friends and now business partner, Tristan, at the pub and said “mate we have to open one of these… there is something special about this”. Tristan completely agreed and that was the first step.
Cutting a long and slightly funny story short my next big introduction was with a guy that has played a huge impact on me over the past 12 months. He is also the guest on this podcast. Luke Armstrong is the Head of Global Sales at F45 Training. Luke’s passion and belief for F45 as a brand has been a huge component in the company’s rapid growth. I have a huge admiration for him as an individual and couldn’t be more thankful that I took that initial meeting with him.
Tristan and I have completely immersed ourselves in F45 over the past year. Whatever we could soak up in regard to learning about the business we have been willing to do. Luke has been so helpful in broadening our understanding of how a franchise should operate. Whatever time we have been lucky to spend with him has been completely invaluable.
This episode is extremely interesting for anybody who is interested in fitness and business in general. This company is something special and the brief history behind the company so far is worth listening too.
What DOes This episode have in store for you??
- Luke tells us in Black and white what f45 is as a concept.
- Luke tells us the brief 4 year history of f45. The fitness franchise has developed so quickly and it is important to understand what is at the backbone of this amazing business.
- Luke tells us exactly why f45 stands out in the fitness industry.
- in Australia there is an f45 almost on every corner, and they are all full, Luke tells us why f45 is so addictive for it's members.
- Luke tells us how f45 is planning to stay ahead of the competition.
- Luke tells us the long term goals for f45 as a brand.
- Luke tells us a little bit about his profesSional background and how he came to work in the fitness industry.
- Luke gives one piece of advice for someone who is looking to reach their full potential professionally.
- Luke tells us what is up next for f45 as a brand.
Today Episode Sponsor:
Fat Lama is the fastest-growing rental marketplace for 'stuff' in the world. It's a website and app which allows people to rent out their belongings to others nearby, fully-insured, for cash. Fat Lama users are renting anything from film gear, projectors and PA systems to road bikes and campervans! The platform is available throughout the UK and US and users are earning up to £3,700 per month.
I have been using Fat Lama recently to rent out my podcast recording equipment and will undoubtable earn my initial investment back on the items in no time at all. I guarantee you all have considerable amounts of ‘stuff’ lying around your house that is rarely or never used that could be rented to others for money. Get it onto Fat Lama… for me it’s an absolute no brainer.
On the other side of the coin… how often have you needed something for a brief period of time and haven’t purchased the item from a retailers due to the cost not warranting it? Well Fat Lama provides the solution.
If you click here fatlama.com/r/theinspirationspace and sign up you will get £25 off your first rental